With the launch of Amazon Fire Stick TV, the Google Chromecast got an opponent in the market. Both are aimed at helping the consumer chill and watch stuff on the big screen.
Both devices come with remarkable usefulness and limits, it’s always you who decides what’s best for you as per your convenience.
But possessing both and using Chromecast with Firestick is not a crazy idea and this article will help you with that.
- 50% more powerful than previous generation - Get fast Full HD streaming and quick app starts.
- 500,000+ movies and TV episodes - With thousands included in your Prime membership.
- Tens of thousands of channels, Alexa skills, and apps - Including Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video,...
- Live TV - Watch your favorite live TV, news, and sports with subscriptions to SLING TV, YouTube TV,...
- Free TV - Access over 20,000 free movies and TV shows from apps like IMDb TV, Tubi, Pluto TV, and...
Will a Chromecast Work with a Firestick?
Chromecast and Firestick are incredible products and breathe new life into the screen sharing experience. Both have the same tasks to conduct but how they conduct varies. Although they are filled with sameness and differences, preferring one among them might not do justice, so how about using both together. Is it even feasible? Let’s uncover the mystery.
Practically speaking, there is basically no way to run both devices simultaneously on your TV. This is because if you run Firestick first with your TV, it will occupy all the input and there will be no way to add anything else, especially using Chromecast at the same time. In the same way, if you cast the screen using Chromecast and then try to add Firestick too, it won’t act, only Chromecast will be demonstrated.
Sadly, you’ll have to settle for either Chromecast or Firestick, because the only TV that supports both Is pictures in picture screen tech, and it is not common. The PIP technology lets you put 2 input sources inside the TV simultaneously. If you have this TV or monitor, you can gladly use both Fire Stick and Chromecast together without any worries. Unfortunately, these types of TVs are not widely available, so chances of finding one are rare.
If your TV has 2 HDMI ports, then you can surely connect both the Firestick as well as the Chromecast at the same time. But here is the problem, most probably your TV will have only 1 USB port, but you require 2 for both the Chromecast and Firestick to function concurrently. If you can find a way to power your Firestick while connecting Chromecast to the TV’s USB port, then you can indeed use them both at the exact moment.
Difference Between Firestick and Chromecast
Chromecast is simple and convenient to utilize, just tap on the “cast” button from any device such as phone, tablet, or desktop. Then launch any video or music app, even one that can mirror screens from android devices.
You don’t need to install different applications for your TV, just cast and enjoy the big screen, while its control lies at your fingertips. Thus, eliminating the traditional TV interface.
Firestick follows a traditional interface, plug the device in, turn on the TV, use the specific remote to scroll through the menu. Firestick is much like browsing on the TV to find any available content that you can watch. Whereas Chromecast offers you the freedom to surf and find out anything you wish to watch and then just cast the screen, much easier and less tiring.
With all these advantages, both bring some flaws as well. Chromecast authorizes you to stream music and movies from google play, not from Amazon Prime. Firestick does the exact opposite of this, it entitles Amazon Prime content, none offered by Google.
Firestick in a way seduces you to watch just Amazon Prime videos because of its interface. Even applications offered for some purpose differ, for example, Amazon has Spotify whereas Chromecast has Songza.
How To Cast to Firestick from Android Phone, PC, Laptop, And iOS Devices
For Android Devices
- Open Settings app.
- In its search for Cast. If you’re unable to find it then go to the Bluetooth and device connection. Or else dive in deep into the settings.
- It will turn on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on your Android device. In a moment it will display devices available that you can cast.
- Now select the Amazon Fire TV Stick from the devices list.
- After a while, your android device will start casting to the Fire TV Stick.
PC/Laptop Screen to Fire TV Stick
- Press and hold the home button in the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Select Mirroring and note down the name of the Fire TV Stick.
Setup for Windows 10
- Click on the small square button located at the bottom right corner of the Taskbar or press Windows Key + A to open Windows Action Centre.
- Click on Connect, if you can’t find it then click on expand, the whole list of available options will be available.
- Choose the Fire TV Stick.
- After a while, a connection will be established.
Connect is the name given by Microsoft to the Casting feature in Windows 10.
Setup for iPhone or iPad
For iPhone and iPad, you’ll have to use third-party apps, as these devices do not support Casting to a Fire TV Stick.
- Use any application that will help you cast to Fire TV Stick.
- Download the application of your choice from the Appstore.
- You’ll have to download the app on your Fire TV Stick too.
- Then just follow the instructions given by the app to set up easily.
Troubleshooting This Connection
Casting connection is not always easy, on several occasions, you may have to face some difficulties too.
In case establishing a connection with your mobile or tablet, whether it is Android or iOS and if it is not stable or reliable you might have to fiddle with your phone settings or maybe even power cycle the Firestick itself.
Do make sure that Bluetooth is on your device when you’re looking for casting. If it doesn’t help then try turning Bluetooth on, then off, and then once again a few times. Press down the home button along with the play button simultaneously for a few seconds for power cycling the firestick.
Wait until the screen prompt notifies you that your Firestick is restarting. Generally, this is enough to get rid of any bugs which are causing trouble in casting connections.
Hopefully, in the future, we may have a device that would bring out the best of both the devices and won’t be too expensive so that the greater mass can admire its functionality. According to you, which one would you be willing to use?
A Chromecast or Amazon Fire Stick TV. We hope that your queries are clear by now and have learned something new and useful today about using Firestick TV with Chromecast.