If you are wondering, can your ring video doorbell be hacked? Then let us tell you very strictly that, unfortunately, yes! Your ring video doorbell can be hacked, and your privacy can be intrigued.
- This bundle includes Ring Video Doorbell bundle with Echo Show 5 - Charcoal.
- Connect your Ring doorbell with Alexa then enable announcements to be alerted when your doorbell is...
- 1080p HD video doorbell with enhanced features that let you see, hear, and speak to anyone from your...
- An update from the original Ring Video Doorbell, enjoy improved motion detection, privacy zones and...
- Receive mobile notifications when anyone presses your doorbell or triggers your built-in motion...
But that by no means that it has no solution. On the contrary, every problem we get into has a solution, believe it or not. So yes, despite your video doorbell being hacked, it can still be brought to normal. Furthermore, your privacy can be retained if careful watch is given to every action, you make while using technological equipment.
There is no rocket science that you will be required to learn to resolve the problem. However, we have tried and tested ring doorbell local recording hacks to help you get through this problem. So, continue to scroll down to explore the hack that can save your privacy from being intrigued.
How Can the Ring Video Doorbell be Hacked?
To put it simply, almost every technology made is vulnerable to being hacked, and Ring Video Doorbell is no exception. Few ways your Ring Video Doorbell can be hacked is by tapping into your Wi-Fi connection and then collecting information about your Ring from it.
With such information, anyone can use it against you, and your information becomes vulnerable. To keep yourself safe and at a lower chance of being hacked, we would recommend you use a WPN if possible as it helps lower the hacker’s chance to easily hack into your system.
One other way to hack into it is by hacking into your Doorbell itself. People often mistake the Ring technology with any other security camera, while the Doorbell is more of a minicomputer.
There have been cases where people who used to have access to the bell before the change of password could still use it without knowing the new password, which led to so many information leaks. How secure would you feel knowing someone who you knew is keeping an eye on you? Not very secure, right?
Some devices send the data stored within it to the cloud services, which few companies offer. During this process, the data is very vulnerable and can be hacked by a hacker.
How To Protect from Getting Hacked?
- Always keep your passwords up to date. Keeping passwords up to date is very important as anyone can easily access information and hack into an outdated device. To ensure your device is up to date, always install the latest software updates to decrease the chances of being hacked and frequently keep on changing the password as it makes it more difficult for the hackers to get into your system when it is changed now and then.
- Two-step verification takes the risk of being hacked even lower. What this does is when anyone else rather than you enter your system, you get a notification instantly saying someone has accessed your Ring. This keeps you updated, and you can act immediately.
- To make your device even harder to hack, you can always install Antivirus and Firewall services that you get online. With just a few extra bucks, you save yourself from being hacked, and you feel a lot safer.
- Since we saw that anyone who has access to your login information could keep an eye on you even after changing it, it is wise to keep the information only to yourself, not even your family. But just in case if you wish to provide them access to someone else just in case of a certain emergency, then they come with a Shared User option. Through this option, you can let someone access your camera when you allow them to do so. This is way much safer than providing your whole information to them and helps you have more control over your security personally.
- Many devices are easily movable, and due to this, many hackers try to dismantle your bell and hack into it. To prevent this, try to purchase a device that you can fit sturdy and cannot move easily.
Ways To Stay Alert If the Device Is Being Hacked
You can do few things to keep yourself checked whether your device is being hacked or not.
- Some Doorbells have led lights, and in case your Doorbell does not, you can purchase it online and get it installed. Once you have the lights, keep an eye on them. Usually, the light only blinks while a stranger trespass by. But the light also stays active while someone messes with it through hacking.
- Be sure to check if your settings of the Ring are the same. If it is not, there is a high chance that it got hacked, or just someone from your family might have tweaked it.
- Check whether your device is making some abnormal noises or if it is usually rotating.
In Case Your Device Gets Hacked. Do Not Panic. Instead, Follow These Below-Mentioned Measures
In case you see the signs of your Ring device being hacked, do not panic. Instead, follow the following steps, and it will be a lot safer.
- Change your account login information. As soon as you know your device has been hacked, go to your account, and change the login id and the password. To make sure the hacker does not hack your device again, keep changing your passwords every month.
- Keep checking your footage and delete the unwanted ones as it is easier for the hacker to hack your device if you have plenty of information in it. Delete the unwanted one and store the remaining safely, as we know even through cloud storage, hackers can hack it. One way to keep it is in an external hard drive.
In the ongoing era of technology, privacy matters the most as almost everyone has their information stored online. And along with that, the risk of your smart home getting hacked is even more.
We hope this piece of information helps you find answers to your questions effectively. If, in case, you still have any doubt or questions on the above-discussed subject, then please feel free to voice it using the comment section below.