Chromecast the next generation dongle, invented by Google is a smart solution to your problem of watching your favorite show on the big screen of your home.
With the help of Chromecast, you will be able to watch all your favorite shows on your TV without thinking about how smart your TV is. You can connect this Chromecast to any generation of TV provided you have internet connection.
Connecting Chromecast to your TV through Wi-Fi is quite easy, but sometimes people face several issues while connecting. So, this article will show you step by step guide by which you can easily connect your Chromecast to Wi-Fi.
What Is Chromecast?
So basically, Chromecast belongs to a dongle family. You can plug them in any TV or monitor through the standard HDMI port.
After proper configuration, you can stream any audio or video wirelessly from your phone or computer. You don’t have to pay any subscription for using it, only you must pay for services like Netflix or Prime or whichever OTT platform you are using.
And, if you are worried about the quality of the picture, then let me tell you that it won’t get disturbed as the design of Chromecast makes it possible to retrieve the casting stream in the best quality possible.
This Chromecast streams the programs from your phone to TV via WI-FI, so before we understand how to connect it to wi-fi let’s first see how to set up it.
How To Set Up Chromecast:
Though there are multiple generations of Chromecast and brand-new app, the general setup process has not been changed.
Plug it in to TV
Unpack the device and wait for it to power up before plugging it into a power outlet. Once it gets the power up then plugging your device into your TV’s HDMI port and then connect the USB power cable to your Chromecast. There are two ways by which you can plug in your USB; one of them is to plug it into the wall by using a given adapter or simply use the USB ports given on the backside of the TV
Download the Google Home App:
This app is the must-have if you want to connect your android or iOS phone with the TV or monitor and you can easily download it from an Apple store or Google play store.
But if you want to connect your laptop or computer with a TV, then you don’t need to download this app, instead, you just need a Google Chrome browser. After downloading the above-mentioned one follow the following steps:
- Turn on your TV and choose the correct option.
- If your Chromecast device is power up, then you will notice set up a prompt on your TV, at this time your device is ready to use.
- On the TV screen you will see a prompt asking you to set up a new device. And you will also see a code on your phone/laptop and TV.
- Just select the YES if the code matched; now the Chromecast has been connected to your TV.
At this point of time to stream content from your phone to TV, you must connect your Chromecast to the internet WI-FI.
How To Connect Chromecast to Wi-Fi
Let’s see the step-by-step guide for connecting Chromecast to Wi-Fi:
- Open the Google Chromecast app on your phone and select “ADD DEVICE’
- Add Chromecast device on app.
- Go to settings and tap your Chromecast device.
- Tap on the wi-fi options from a list of wireless networks available.
- Select the Wi-Fi network and input the password and connect.
Once your device is connected to the internet, you are good to go, enjoy your favorite show on the big screen of your home.
Though the process is quite simple, sometimes people face certain kinds of issues; let’s see what the kind of issues and the way are to resolve them.
Two Major Problems People Generally Face Are:
- Difficulty in changing the Wi-Fi network on Chromecast
- What if Chromecast doesn’t connect to Wi-Fi
How to change the Wi-Fi network on Chromecast:
When you change your router or modem at that time you need to change the Wi-Fi network, which is quite simple.
For doing that first you need to reset the Chromecast device to factory settings manually, to remove the old Wi-Fi network. Once you do that follow the below-mentioned steps.
- First, check whether your device, i.e., phone/laptop is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as Chromecast.
- Then, open Google Home application.
- Scroll down to the Wi-Fi section. Here you will find the active network with which your device has been connected
- If you want to change the network, then simply tap Wi-Fi, and then “Forget Network.”
- After tapping the “Forget Network” follow the same process, explained above for the connection of Chromecast to Wi-Fi.
What If Chromecast Doesn’t Connect:
There are many possible reasons for this issue, which might be solved by following the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps
- To connect your device with Wi-Fi connection, you must have two necessities. The first one is that your device should receive a strong signal from the router and for that, you should place your router close to the device, and the second one is that your router itself should be strong to transmit the stronger Wi-Fi network; if the problem is in later one, then you should purchase a Wi-Fi extender.
- The other way to resolve the issue is to reboot the device; for rebooting you need to go to the installed Google Home app.>tap your device>search for setting area & tap on “More Setting”& tap on Reboot.
- If you have tried both above steps, still are not able to resolve the issue then you must try resetting the device back to the factory setting. By doing so, you may lose your data like Wi-Fi network name, password, etc.
- Your Chromecast device must be updated with firmware, if it’s an older version then only you may face Wi-Fi connectivity issues.
- You should also check the version of the Google Home app.
- Another way to fix this problem is by unplugging both router and Chromecast from the power outlet at least 5mins before reconnecting it. During this time, you should also turn off your mobile or laptop, which might be helpful in fixing this issue of Wi-Fi network connection.
- We often resolve some of the problems in our phone or computer by restarting it, same can be applied in the case of Chromecast also and turning off Wi-Fi and then again connecting it to the device may help.
Thus, by following the mentioned guide, you won’t face any issue with your Chromecast