The firestick is a device that enables you to watch all your favourite Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, Hulu and other shows and movies over your Wi-Fi. If you own a firestick and keep having trouble with it, keep reading.
Does your firestick keep restarting? Are you frustrated with the problem and want to know how to fix it? Then you are in the right place. In this article, we shall discuss the causes as to why your firestick keeps restarting and what course of action can you take to troubleshoot the problem.
- Latest generation of our best-selling Fire TV device - 50% more powerful than the 2nd generation for...
- Endless entertainment - Stream more than 1 million movies and TV episodes from Netflix, Prime Video,...
- Live TV - Watch your favorite live TV, news, and sports with subscriptions to SLING TV, YouTube TV,...
- Free TV - Access over 200,000 free movies and TV episodes from popular ad-supported streaming apps...
- Listen to music - Stream on Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, and others. Subscription fees may apply.
Why Does Your Firestick Keep Restarting?
Some of the most common reasons that cause this problem are listed below:
- You could be owning a very old model
- Usage of an unofficial cable
- The micro USB cable getting worn down
- Glitches in the cable
- Not sufficient power supply
- Hardware problem
One of these might be a reason why you’re firestick keeps restarting. But don’t worry about it, we’ve got you covered with a number of solutions that will help you troubleshoot the problem all by yourself. Let’s have a look at them.
What to Do When Your Firestick Keeps Restarting?
Ensure That Your Firestick’s Accessories Are Inserted Properly.
These accessories include all your devices, the USB cable, the HDMI cable, and your fire TV. Check if all these accessories are inserted properly. And most importantly, ensure that the power cable is inserted right.
Due to some seldom fluctuations in the connection of the wire, there might occur fluctuations in the electric current flow, and it might cause your firestick to reboot or crash. Thus, check if your accessories are inserted right or not.
Use The Official Firestick Accessories Only.
To prevent issues like over heating or the crashing of soft wares, avoid buying and using local accessories. There’s no denial to the fact that locally available accessories are much cheaper than the official accessories, however, buying the official accessories is a one-time investment.
The accessories are manufactured by the same company that manufactures the firestick, thus making the two highly compatible.
Check Your Internet Connection.
The quality and the speed of your internet connection significantly affects the performance of your firestick. Thus, ensure that you have an adequate and fast internet connection.
Reset your Television.
Click on the ‘settings’ menu and then on the ‘reset’ option. Sometimes, some software issue in your television might be the reason your firestick keeps restarting, rebooting or crashing.
Clean the HDMI Port and Your Firestick.
Cleaning of your firestick and all its other accessories is recommended daily, to prevent any sort of malfunctioning in them.
Replace Your Old Accessories.
All the accessories have a certain life span. If the model is too old, it will keep crashing. Hence, replace your old accessories.
Clear Installed Apps Cache Memory.
Sometimes, cache memory of installed apps might be the reason your firestick keeps restarting. To prevent this, clear it all. Follow the given steps to do this:
- Click on the ‘Settings’ menu.
- Then click on ‘My Fire TV’
- Click on ‘Applications’
- Select any installed app and clear its cache memory.
Plug The Firestick Adapter Directly to The Power Outlet.
If you have plugged the adapter to an extension board, then remove it from there and connect it directly to the power outlet.
Replace Your Remote Batteries.
Low power in the battery of your remote can cause his problem, too. Try replacing your old batteries with new ones.
Replace Firestick Adaptor.
A malfunctioning or worn-out adaptor can be a reason why your firestick keeps restarting. Your adaptor might have lost its original voltage capacity.
Try The Firestick with A Different TV.
Sometimes, copious amount of heat or radiation being radiated from the television might be the reason your firestick keeps restarting.
For checking if it’s the TV or your firestick that the problem lies with, try connecting your firestick to another television. If it works fine, then it implies that there is a problem with your TV.
Update Your Firestick.
Sometimes, the firestick keeps rebooting itself. It is an indication that there is a bug or a glitch in the software. To be able to fix this, follow the given steps:
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Click on ‘My Fire TV’
- Click on ‘About’
- Next, go to ‘Check for System Updates’
- Give it a few minutes, and your device software will be downloaded.
Factory Reset Your Firestick
Factory reset your firestick by following the given steps:
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Go to ‘My Fire TV’
- finally, choose ‘Rest to Factory Details’ and give it a couple of minutes until the stick is reset.
Reset your firestick (Soft Reset)
Reset your firestick using your firestick’s remote. This is called ‘Soft Reset’.
Reset your firestick (Hard Reset)
First unplug then plug the power cord of your firestick. This is called ‘Hard Reset’.
Get A New USB Cable Wire.
Worn down old wires can cause problems, too. Old wires tend to provide low power supply due to which your firestick keeps restarting. A discussed previously, if you are using local accessories, then that could cause insufficient supply of power. In that case, get an official USB cable wire.
- Safe and Reliable: USB Wall Charger [Model Number: US2018] with PC fireproof material, intelligent...
- Nylon Braided Tangle-free Design: Premium nylon braided micro USB cable adds additional durability...
- Ideal Match: 4-in-1, Choose the perfect color and combination for you. Each USB plug can charge 2...
- Compatibility List: This micro USB charging cable can rapid charge and sync well with Samsung S7/S6...
- What You Get: 2*Micro USB Cable 6Ft and 2*USB Wall Charger. Friendly customer service. Please let us...
Get A New Firestick
If nothing from the above given solutions solves the problem, then there is quite a chance that there is a hardware problem with your firestick. In that case, you will need to get a new firestick.
These are the 17 easy and straight forward ways you can go about to troubleshoot the problem.