If you live in big house or multi-story building then sometimes you may not hear the doorbell. In such case, if you have a ring chime in your home you can be easily notified whenever someone presses the doorbell or some movement which observed in the ring camera.
But for ring chime to notify you, you must have a proper internet connection and a proper connection between your doorbell and ring chime. If any of this is missing then your ring chime won’t be able to ring.
So in this article we are going to see other possible causes for not ringing of ring chime and the step by step guide to resolve the issue.
- Chime box to hear notifications for your Ring cameras and doorbells.
- Hear real-time notifications when your connected cameras and doorbells detect motion, or when...
- Easily set up by plugging into a standard outlet and connecting via wifi.
- Choose from a variety of chime tones, adjust the volume to your ideal setting, and temporarily...
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n wifi connection 2.4 GHz.
Why Is My Ring Chime Is Not Ringing?
So as discussed above, for a proper ringing of a ring chime, you need to have a proper strong Wi-Fi connection. Without a strong internet connection, this ring chime and doorbell won’t be able to communicate properly.
Most of the time you may not be aware of the lost internet connection, but if you have a second-generation device then there is an indicator that will give a flashlight when the connection is lost.
Following is the process of checking network connection in-ring app.
- Open ring app,
- Open the menu
- Tap on the device
- Select your ring chime
- Tap on the device to help
In the network area of this page, you can check the network connection. If your device has lost the connection then you may be able to see RECONNECT TO NETWORK, tap on this option to log back on to your Wi-Fi network.
And along with checking your network connection, you should also check the proper connection between your ring chime and doorbell. And for that, you should check that if your doorbell is also properly connected to the network, if the doorbell is sending a proper notification when the app is activated then there would not be any issue.
Another checkpoint is your ring app, you should confirm that you have set it correctly to ring your chime and double-check when your chime is supposed to respond. Many times the settings in-ring app get changed unknowingly so better to check it once.
- Open the ring app,
- Open the Menu
- Tap on Devices
- Select the Ring Chrome
- Select Auto setting
Here you can also check about the settings of different alerts from the ring chime about the doorbell pressed or movement observed on the ring camera. To confirm that alert has not been turned off or volume has not been turned down.
Another point you need to check is to make sure that you have installed their module properly inside of the mechanical chime. This module allows the ring doorbell to control the chime. If it’s not installed properly then the ring chime will not ring.
A very rarely happened case, found by the user of Amazon Alexa speakers. They have found that if they set this Alexa speaker to broadcast when someone is at the door, they face this issue of not ringing of ring chime. And the solution to this problem they said that Go to your Alexa app & go to the device and look for the doorbell. Once you find it, click on it and look for the option “Doorbell press announcement” and disable it.
If all of these points are checked and nothing is wrong with that then and you should try to restart or reset both ring chime and doorbell. Sometimes this simple rebooting of the system will clear all the glitches that may be happening. For that, you need to follow the following steps.
- Locate a pin-sized hole on the side of the device.
- Press this button to reset the device.
- The chime will restart and go through the power-up process. By this step whatever the problem in the device may get cleared.
Resetting Your Ring Chime Device to The Factory Settings
After trying every possible thing, if you haven’t found the solution to your problem then there is the only way left out is resetting your device to its default factory setting and starting over.
But by doing this your device will become new, as every configuration and settings in the device will be removed.
Following are the steps which you can follow to reset the device to factory setting
- Press the same reset button on the side of our device for approximately 10-15 mins
- once the device cycles back on it will be like a brand-new device and go through the setup mode.
- You will have to go through the setup, reconnect the device to your network and another ring device, and set your alert preference. This may fix any problems you may be facing.
Why Is the Ring Chime Flashing Red?
Ring chime flesh different lights to indicate different status. If it is flashing red, then definitely there must be some problem.
The main reason for flashing red lights is the absence of an internet connection or the device is offline.
Now let’s see what you can do if your chime is flashing red.
Check The Ring Chime’s Device Health in The Ring App.
- Open ring app
- Open menu
- Tap on device
- Select your ring chime
- Tap on device health
On this page, you should check the signal strength. If the signal is below 60-65, then you have to take this device closer to the router.
If it’s showing your device is connected to the internet, then you have to try reconnecting it.
Reconnect Ring Chime to Your Network
- For reconnecting your device to the available network, you need,
- Tap on change Wi-Fi network
- Reconnect to Wi-Fi
- Enter Wi-Fi network name and password.
- Tap continue to login.
- Restart your ring chime.
After trying to reconnect your device with the network, if you are not able to connect, then it would be better to restart or reboot your device.
For restarting or rebooting you have to unplug and plug it back and press the reset button on the side of the device. After reset or reboot, try to reconnect it again as mentioned above.
If none of the above is working for you then the only choice you are left with is to reset to the factory setting. For doing that press and hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds.
By doing this you will lose all your configured data and settings, and your device would be brand new. At this point in time, you need to reinstall it.
Reinstalling Ring Chime
- Log in to your ring account in the app,
- Tap set up the device
- Select chimes
- Scan the QR code or MAC ID barcode
- Specify your location using location data or entering your address
- Plugin your chime pro; the ring logo will begin plugin blue name your device
- Put your chime on set up mode
- Connect your ring chime.
After trying all the possible things as mentioned above, if you can’t resolve the issue then you may contact the customer support team, they will be more than happy to help you.